We all know from many sources that water is essential, that we have to drink water throughout the day. Water, water, water — this was the first thing that I heard when started exploring, researching a healthy lifestyle, and losing weight.
To be honest, I wasn’t a fan of drinking water, and my mind was blown when I read that first thing in the morning — it needs to be water, not coffee. However, I gave it a go, and after 1 year, honestly, I think it’s the best and easiest decision that I could make to help my body get healthy.
“Drinking water is like washing out your insides. The water will cleanse the system, fill you up, decrease your caloric load and improve the function of all your tissues.”
Kevin R. Stone
So, what are the benefits of having a glass of water in the morning?
- You will have more energy, as water in the morning impacts our red blood cell counts, which will increase, and the oxygen we receive in the brain will develop. And as a result, we will have more power for a productive day.
- Your metabolism will be boosted. A glass of water in the morning will help your stomach wake and start its work before taking any meal. So, in other simple words, your stomach will be ready to produce the food you are taking for breakfast.
- Your skin will start to look more hydrated. Most people think that the skin look depends on the creams we used or how many times we go to the cosmetologist, but no. The simplest thing you can do for your skin is — having some water — it will smooth your skin, and after some time of the same routine, it will help you prevent some wrinkles.
- Drinking water will fight the toxins placed in your body, as we know from our biology lessons. At the same time, when we urinate or sweat — our body cleans itself from the toxins built in the system. If we are not hydrated enough — the body will be unable to produce enough urine and sweat to fight the toxins.
It was more complicated than I thought it would be to have a routine of drinking and monitor water consumption. My body and taste buds refused to accept it. Sounds funny, but in the beginning, it wasn’t.
After some research, I found a couple of life hacks, which helped me to start my water routine:
- Drink from beautiful glass and straw helped me mentally, and drinking water became a beautiful everyday routine. I believe my brain drew different information and imagined that it is not water.
- You can add different natural tastes — such as cut some lemon, strawberry, cucumber, or anything coming to your mind. Just add it to your water and enjoy the flavored taste of water.
- Download an app where you will be able to record the glasses of water you took, as believe me, the first couple of weeks will be hard to follow a routine.
- If you don’t want to use an app — just set the alarm for every 1–2 hours, which will remind you to hydrate yourself.
- And last but not least — do it for you, for your body, for your health, set a goal, and love yourself.